Michael P. Bevilacqua, M.D., Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer and Chief Scientific Officer
Dr. Bevilacqua, co-founder of Amicrobe, brings more than 30 years of experience as a medical scientist, inventor, and business executive. He has led successful research laboratories at Harvard Medical School and as a Howard Hughes investigator at UCSD Medical Center. As VP of Amgen, he built a division for inflammatory and immunological diseases. Dr. Bevilacqua has founded and / or worked with other start-up corporations in both therapeutics and diagnostics. His scientific work has led to many patents and publications.
Timothy J. Deming, Ph.D., Consultant
Prof. Deming is a key consultant and co-founder. He has pioneered novel methods for the controlled synthesis of copolypeptides, publishing more than 70 articles and 16 patents. Prof. Deming’s research utilizes innovative chemistry techniques to synthesize and characterize complex biomaterials based on copolypeptides. Previously, he led successful research programs at UCSB and served as Chair of the UCLA Bioengineering Department, where he is currently a professor.
Daniel J. Huang, Director of Operations
Mr. Huang oversees internal operations and outside business interactions with contract research / manufacturing organizations. He also contributes substantially to project management and business development efforts.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Michael Flesch, Chairman
- Chair & CEO of Community Asset Management, a private investment company focused in real estate
- Venture capitalist
- Former litigation attorney with Brobeck Phleger & Harrison representing primarily fortune 500 companies
- Served on Finance Committees of UCLA and Investment Committee of Occidental College
- Member of the UCLA Foundation Board of Directors
- Serves on corporate boards of NanoPacific Holdings and Bruin Biometrics
Joseph A. Boystak
- President & CEO Brightwaters Capital, LLC, a private equity investment company
- Managing Director & CEO Hudson/Brightwaters, a private merchant bank
- Managing Director and Senior investment banker with 25 years of experience with major Wall Street firms - Jefferies & Co., Tucker Anthony Sutro and Dean Witter Reynolds
- Executed over $15 Billion of transactions domestically and internationally
- Focus on life sciences, nanotechnology, and clean technology
- Serves on the boards of NanoPacific Holdings, Bruin Biometrics, Exosome Diagnostics, The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and The UCLA Foundation Board of Governors
Albert Carnesale, Ph.D.
- UCLA Chancellor Emeritus and Professor in the School of Public Affairs and Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Former UCLA Chancellor
- Former Harvard University Provost
- Member of U.S. Government delegations to Strategic Arms Limitation Talks (SALT, 1969-72) and International Nuclear Fuel Cycle Evaluation (INFCE,1978-80)
- Former Senior Engineer, Nuclear Division, Martin Marietta Corp.
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Fellow, American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Chairs and has chaired several committees at the National Academy of Sciences
- Member, Blue Ribbon Commission on America’s Nuclear Future
- Member of the National Academy of Engineering
Michael P. Bevilacqua, M.D., Ph.D. (see above)